We’ve tried our very own The Durian Bakery version of Sara Lee Pound Cake, and since we’re not gonna sell pound cakes, this recipe is made for all. The perfect sweet treat, Sara Lee Pound Cake Recipe is moist, buttery, has a hint of lemon, and melts in your mouth.
- 1 cup salted butter OR butter with a pinch of salt, at room temperature
- 1 and ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups cake flour sifted and measured correctly
- 4 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract almond or coconut extract can be used
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Cream butter until soft and there are no lumps. Add granulated sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating just until it is mixed into the batter before adding another egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and powdered milk. Stir to combine.
- Lower speed on mixer to low and slowly add the flour mixture.
- Add vanilla and lemon and stir.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a wooden pick. Insert pick in the center of the cake, if pick comes out clean or with dry crumbs, it is done.
- Allow the cake to cool 10 minutes in the pan before removing the cake from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled completely transfer to a serving platter.
- Store in an airtight container on the countertop for 5 days. You can freeze the cake in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Cut and serve with ice-cream, cream and fresh fruits – be creative! Maybe even Kaya or Peanut Butter?
Too lazy to bake? How about ordering other cakes from our bakery?